GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT COLORADO EAGLESDec 1, 2018
Iowa Wild (12-4-3-2; 29 pts.) at Colorado Eagles (10-7-3-0, 23 pts.)
Iowa Wild closes out the season series against the Colorado Eagles with Saturday’s contest at the Budweiser Events Center. The Wild are 2-0-0-1 against the Eagles this season. Iowa sits in first place in the Central Division with 29 points, while Colorado is in third in the Pacific Division with 23.
Iowa fell to the Eagles in the shootout Friday night by a score of 3-2, extending its points streak to eight games both on the road and overall. Defenseman Carson Soucy and forward Colton Beck notched the goals for Iowa while goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 24 of 26 shots on the night.
- Iowa’s eight-game road point streak is the longest in the AHL this season.
- Forward Mike Liambas set a new career high in points last night with his ninth of the season (an assist) in just 21 games.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen’s 1.40 goals against average and .953 save percentage leads all qualified goalies in the AHL.
- Both forwards Gerry Fitzgerald and Sam Anas lead the AHL in shootout goals with three.
- Colorado’s win against the Wild was the team’s fourth consecutive victory.
- The Eagles’ 16 points and 7-2-2 record at home is the third best in the league.
- Forward Travis Barron scored his first career AHL goal on Friday night against Iowa.
- Goaltender Pavel Francouz has won his last four consecutive starts, posting a 2.60 goals against average and a .919 save percentage.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.