GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. TEXAS STARSFeb 8, 2021
Iowa Wild (1-1-0-0; 2 pts.) vs. Texas Stars (1-1-0-0; 2 pts.)
The Iowa Wild and Texas Stars finish their three-game set with a Monday evening matchup tonight at Wells Fargo Arena. Last Saturday night in Des Moines, game two belonged to the Wild. Four different goal scorers carried Iowa past Texas by a final score of 4-1. Wild rookie goaltender Dereck Baribeau recorded 21 saves to secure his first win of the season. Rookie forward Josh Maser tallied his first career professional goal in his professional debut. For the second straight game, Wild forward Dmitrii Sokolov opened the game’s scoring in the first five minutes of the opening period.
TOP END TALENT
Both teams have players among the top of the AHL in scoring. Iowa’s Connor Dewar is currently tied for third in the AHL in scoring (2g-1a-3pts), while defenseman Calen Addison leads all AHL defensemen in scoring and assists (0g-3a-3pts).
- Forward Dmitrii Sokolov has goals in both games played.
- Iowa’s power play is currently fourth in the AHL (22.2%).
- Forwards Will Bitten and Mason Shaw have returned to Iowa from the Minnesota Taxi Squad.
- Goaltender Dereck Baribeau sits second in the AHL in goals-against average (1.00 GAA).
- Texas has outshot Iowa in both games of the season series.
- The Stars’ power play currently sits at second in the AHL (27.3%)
- Rookie defenseman Thomas Harley has recorded an assist in each of his first two professional games.
- Texas does not return to Wells Fargo Arena until May 12.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.