CENTRAL DIVISION SEMIFINALS, GAME 4 - IOWA WILD VS. MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSApr 26, 2019
Iowa Wild (2-1) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (1-2)
Central Division Semifinal, Game 4 (Iowa leads 2-1)
Iowa and Milwaukee battle it out in Game 4 Friday night with the Wild looking to win its first-ever playoff series, while the Admirals are looking to push the Central Division Semifinals to a decisive Game 5. Iowa holds a 2-1 series lead over the Admirals and has a plus-10 scoring differential, but Milwaukee has home ice for all remaining games. Iowa finished the season 14-17-3-4 on the road during the regular season.
Iowa could not complete the sweep as Milwaukee earned its first victory of the series with a 3-1 win. Iowa’s lone goal came from forward Kyle Rau on the power play, his third of the playoffs. The loss was also goaltender Andrew Hammond’s first of the postseason, as he stopped 20 of 23 shots in the contest.
- Iowa’s Kyle Rau, Cal O’Reilly and Brennan Menell are all on a three-game point streak to start the playoffs.
- Rau has the best shooting percentage in the Calder Cup Playoffs, netting three goals on five shots.
- Forward Ryan Donato leads all rookies in assists in the playoffs with four.
- Iowa’s eight third-period goals are the most in any period by any team in the Calder Cup Playoffs.
- Milwaukee’s victory snapped a 13-game losing streak in the Calder Cup Playoffs, the longest such stretch in AHL history.
- The Admirals are 7-0-2 in their last nine games at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
- Milwaukee’s 25 minor penalties are the most of any team in the playoffs.
- Forward Yakov Trenin’s three-assist night ties the most in a single Calder Cup Playoff game this postseason.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.