GAME PREVIEW - CLEVELAND AT IOWA 11.11.17Nov 11, 2017
DES MOINES, IA - The Iowa Wild and Cleveland Monsters drop the puck for the first time this season tonight at 7 p.m. The two clubs face off again Sunday at 5:00 p.m. in Des Moines. The Wild is coming off a 5-3 win over the Rockford IceHogs at home on Thursday, while the Monsters are coming off a 3-2 overtime road loss to the Tucson Roadrunners last Saturday.
Iowa and Cleveland met 12 times in 2016-17, with Iowa going 5-5-2-0 against their division rival. Iowa is 14-11-2-1 all-time against Cleveland, including a 6-6-1-1 mark in Des Moines. After the two meetings in Des Moines, the Wild and Monsters won’t face off again until Dec. 18 and 20 in Cleveland.
After the two clubs rematch on Sunday, Iowa hits the road to meet Rockford on Nov. 15 and Cleveland heads home to welcome Milwaukee on Nov. 16.
Team Date Time Radio / TV
vs. Cleveland 11/12 5:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Rockford 11/15 10:30 AM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Grand Rapids 11/17 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Rockford 11/22 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Rockford 11/24 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
11.4.17: Add – F Landon Ferraro – assigned by Minnesota (NHL)
11.6.17: Add – G Steve Michalek – recalled from Rapid City (ECHL)
11.6.17: Delete – G Adam Vay – assigned to Rapid City (ECHL)
11.8.17: Delete – G Niklas Svedberg – recalled to Minnesota (NHL) on emergency basis
11.8.17: Add – G Adam Vay – recalled from Rapid City (ECHL)
11.10.17: Add – G Niklas Svedberg – assigned by Minnesota (NHL)
11.10.17: Delete – G Adam Vay – assigned to Rapid City (ECHL)
11.11.17: Add – F Evan Janssen – recalled from Rapid City (ECHL)
Last Time Out
The Iowa Wild defeated the Rockford IceHogs 5-3 in front of 13,422 fans on Thursday at Wells Fargo Arena, which sets a record for the largest crowd at a professional hockey game ever in the state of Iowa. Although Rockford outshot Iowa 36-17, the Wild power play was key in the division battle. Iowa converted on three of four power-play opportunities, which helped the club defeat Rockford for the first time this season. Wild goaltender Steve Michalek picked up a win in his season debut for the Wild, stopping 33 shots.
WILD Notables –
- Iowa has registered at least one standing point in four of the last seven contests (2-3-2-0)
- Cal O’Reilly added a goal and an assist in his debut as captain of the Iowa Wild in Thursday’s victory
- The Wild saw its largest crowd of 13,422 fans on Thursday, which is the largest crowd to date at a pro hockey game ever in the state of Iowa
- The Wild's power play has converted seven times in the last four games
- Kurtis Gabriel played in his 200th career AHL game, all with Iowa, on Thursday
- So far this season, eight players have dressed for both the Iowa Wild and Minnesota Wild
- Iowa is in the midst of a five-game home stand
MONSTERS Notables –
- Cleveland is riding a three-game point streak (2-0-1-0)
- Through their first four road games, Cleveland has yet to lead after 20 minutes of play
Cleveland's Jordan Schroeder is slated to play in his 300th career, regular season game tonight. Schroeder played 100 games with Iowa over parts of three seasons