GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT MANITOBA MOOSEOct 19, 2019
Iowa Wild (4-0-0-1; 9 pts.) vs. Manitoba Moose (1-4-0-0; 2 pts.)
Iowa will face Manitoba in the second of eight contests this season as the two teams battle in the second half of a back-to-back Saturday. Heading into the contest, Iowa sits in first place in the Central Division with nine points while Manitoba is in last place with two points. Iowa’s 4-0-0-1 continues the best start in team history.
For the fifth consecutive game, Iowa allowed the first goal in the contest only to overcome the deficit and defeat its opponent. Forwards Kyle Rau, Sam Anas and JT Brown and defensemen Louie Belpedio, Matt Register and Brennan Menell all recorded goals in the contest while goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen extended his win streak to four games, stopping 28 of 32 shots in the 6-4 victory.
- With a goal and an assist Friday night, forward Sam Anas tied former Wild player Zack Mitchell for the most career points in franchise history with 132.
- Defensemen Matt Register and Josh Atkinson and forward Kyle Bauman all recorded their first points in a Wild sweater Friday night.
- Iowa is the only team in the league that ranks in the top five for goals per game (3rd, 4.00) and shots per game (1st, 38.00).
- The Wild have earned points in each of its last eight contests against the Moose, going 6-0-2-0 during that stretch.
- Iowa’s nine third-period goals are the most of any team in that period.
- Forward Seth Griffith had a three-assist game, his first such contest since Nov. 28, 2018.
- Defenseman Johnathan Kosavecic scored his first goal of the season Friday night, coming on his first shot of the season.
- Forward Michael Spacek recorded a goal Friday night, giving him 10 points (5g, 5a) in 13 games against the Wild in his career.
- Manitoba’s 31 minor penalties are the second-most in the league, trailing only Iowa.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.