GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT SAN JOSE BARRACUDAMar 4, 2020
Iowa Wild (36-16-4-3; 79 pts.) at San Jose Barracuda (18-27-4-2; 42 pts.)
Iowa closes out its season series against the San Jose Barracuda Wednesday night at SAP Center. Iowa heads into the contest in second place in the Central Division with 79 points, just five shy of first-place Milwaukee, while San Jose is in last place in the Pacific Division with 42 points. Iowa enters Wednesday’s game on a four-game point streak, the third-longest active streak in the AHL.
The Wild had its three-game win streak snapped but pushed its point streak to four games when the team fell to San Jose in overtime by a score of 2-1 Monday afternoon. Forward Sam Anas scored the lone goal for Iowa, reclaiming the AHL’s scoring title with his 64th point (19g, 45a) in just 59 games. Recently named the CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month, Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 25 of the 27 shots he faced.
- Iowa has earned points in six of the team’s last seven road matches, going 4-1-1-1 during that stretch.
- Forward Connor Dewar has a five-game point streak, amassing five points (1g, 4a) during that time span.
- Defenseman Brennan Menell skated in his 200th pro game Monday against San Jose.
- Iowa recalled goaltender Dereck Baribeau from the Allen Americans of the ECHL on Tuesday afternoon.
- Forward Jonny Brodzinski recorded his first multi-goal game since March 18, 2018 with his two-goal effort vs. Iowa on Monday.
- Goaltender Josef Korenar recorded a career-high with his 42 saves Monday.
- Monday’s win was San Jose’s first this season when tied after two periods.
- San Jose’s 22 points at home are tied for the fewest of all AHL teams.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.