GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. BAKERSFIELD CONDORSMar 1, 2019
Iowa Wild (28-17-6-5; 67 pts.) vs. Bakersfield Condors (33-15-2-1; 69 pts.)
Iowa kicks off a 3-in-3 with a Friday night matchup against the Bakersfield Condors in California. The Wild currently sits in third place in the Central Division with 67 points, while the Condors are in first place in the Pacific Division with 69 points. The Condors is the only team this season the Wild has yet to earn a win against, as Iowa is 0-2-1-0 versus Bakersfield.
The Wild had its eight-game point streak snapped as the team fell to the San Jose Barracuda by a score of 5-3 Tuesday evening. Forward Gerry Mayhew scored his team-leading 19th goal of the season, while forwards Mitch McLain and Cal O’Reilly recorded the other tallies. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 27 of 32 shots in the loss.
- Tuesday’s game marked the first time this season Iowa lost in regulation after leading through two periods of play.
- Forward Kyle Rau has 11 power-play goals on the year, third-most in the AHL.
- Iowa has scored first in 35 of its 56 games, the second-best total in the league.
- When trailing after one period on the road, Iowa is 4-2-1-2 and its .611 win percentage is the second-best mark among all AHL teams.
- Bakersfield defeated the Tucson Roadrunners by a score of 3-1 on Feb. 25, extending its win streak to 17 games, the second-longest in AHL history.
- Forward Tyler Benson paces the team with 44 points (9g, 35a) in 51 games.
- Forward Cooper Marody has an eight-game point streak, logging nine points (3g, 6a) during that stretch.
- Goaltender Shane Starrett sports a 14-game win streak, recording a 1.71 and a .937 save percentage.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.