GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. MANITOBA MOOSEJan 25, 2020
Iowa Wild (25-14-3-3; 56 pts.) vs. Manitoba Moose (20-25-0-0; 40 pts.)
Iowa faces off against the Manitoba Moose in the final contest before the AHL All-Star break Saturday night. Iowa is in second place in the Central Division with 56 points while Manitoba is in seventh place with 40 points. All-time, Iowa is 22-7-2-0 against the Moose, including a 10-5-0-0 record at Wells Fargo Arena.
Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen became the Wild’s all-time franchise leader in victories as he earned his 33rd win in his Iowa career with a 1-0 shutout of the Manitoba Moose Friday evening. Forward Nico Sturm scored the lone goal of the contest, his 10th of the season. Kahkonen’s shutout was his third of the season and the ninth of his career.
- Iowa’s 13 wins in one-goal games are tied for the most in the AHL (others: Hershey and Ontario).
- Forward Gerry Mayhew has been whistled for a penalty in each of his last nine contests, the longest stretch in the AHL since 2017.
- Forward Sam Anas has five points (3g, 2a) in three games against the Moose this season.
- Defenseman Louie Belpedio’s 80 penalty minutes are the second-most by a blueliner in the league.
- Manitoba is 4-1-0-0 in its last five games in the second contest of a back-to-back.
- The Moose’s 55 goals allowed and 521 shots allowed in the second period are both the second-most in the frame by any team in the league.
- Manitoba’s nine losses on the road when outshooting its opponent is the most in the AHL.
- Manitoba’s last win against Iowa at Wells Fargo Arena came on Jan. 6, 2018, a 4-3 victory.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.