GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. STOCKTON HEATDec 22, 2018
Iowa Wild (15-7-4-3; 37 pts.) vs. Stockton Heat (12-13-3-0, 27 pts.)
Iowa and Stockton rematch at Wells Fargo Arena for the fourth time in the season series between the two clubs, with Iowa holding a 1-2-0-0 record against the Heat. The Wild is in second place in the Central Division with 37 points and Stockton is in fifth place in the Pacific with 27.
The Wild set or tied seven different franchise records in an 8-7 overtime victory against the Heat Friday evening. Forward Justin Kloos registered six points (3g, 3a), setting a franchise record for points in a single game while recording the fifth hat-trick in team history. Adding goals in the offensive outburst was forwards Dmitry Sokolov, Kyle Rau, Gerry Mayhew, Gerry Fitzgerald and defenseman Louie Belpedio. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen snapped a four-game losing skid with the victory, stopping 31 of 38 shots.
- Forward Justin Kloos’ six points Friday ties the most in a single game in the league this season and his 13 points (6g, 7a) since Dec. 5 is the second most in the AHL.
- Defenseman Brennan Menell tied a franchise record with four assists Friday night and has six helpers in his last four games.
- Menell’s 15 assists are the most in the AHL for a player who does not have a goal.
- Forward Mason Shaw’s 17 assists are the tied for the most in the league among rookies.
- Stockton forward Curtis Lazar recorded his third two-goal effort and second three-point night in Friday’s contest.
- Lazar currently has a six-game road point streak, the third-longest active streak in the AHL.
- Former Wild forward Tyler Graovac recorded a goal and assist in his first game back at Wells Fargo Arena since leaving the organization.
- Iowa and Stockton’s 15 combined goals are the most in a single game between two teams in the AHL this season.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.