GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT ROCKFORD ICEHOGS 12.29.17Dec 29, 2017
Iowa Wild (14-10-6-2; 36 pts.) at Rockford IceHogs (18-11-1-1; 38 pts.)
Iowa Wild heads to Rockford for the second game of a home-and-home series. The Wild is 3-3-1-0 this season against the IceHogs and are 2-2-0-0 in Rockford.
Rockford doubled up Iowa 6-3 in the first game of the home-and-home series. Forward Zach Parise made his Iowa Wild debut, playing with the AHL club on a conditioning stint and recorded the primary assist on a goal from forward Luke Kunin. Winger Sam Anas saw his point streak extend to 10 games when he registered the primary assist on a power-play goal by Justin Kloos. Center Pat Cannone hit a career milestone when he scored an unassisted goal, which marked his 100th career AHL goal in 422 career games.
- The Wild has not lost back-to-back games since opening weekend.
- In his first game back with Iowa after spending nine days in the NHL, goaltender Steve Michalek suffered the loss while made 21 saves.
- Forward Luke Kunin has four points (3g, 1a) in his last five games.
- Iowa features seven skaters with at least 10 assists on the season, two of which also have 10-plus goals (Anas and Cannone).
- Forward Matthew Highmore recorded his second hat trick of his rookie season when he potted three goals against Iowa Thursday.
- Winger Tomas Jurco recorded an assist on Highmore’s second goal, giving him 22 points on the year (10g, 12a).
- Goaltender Collin Delia earned his first AHL victory with the 6-3 win Thursday night.
- Rockford’s win against Iowa was the team’s third consecutive victory.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs. Chicago 1/1 12:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Milwaukee 1/5 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Manitoba 1/6 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Cleveland 1/7 5:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Manitoba 1/13 2:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.