GAMEDAY PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSDec 11, 2021
Iowa Wild (9-8-2-1; 21 pts.) at Milwaukee Admirals (8-12-1-0; 17 pts.)
After a thrilling overtime game on Friday, Dec. 10, Iowa and Milwaukee play once more on Saturday, Dec. 11 before heading to Des Moines for the third game in the series on Tuesday, Dec. 14. Both the Wild and the Admirals have won two of the first four matchups between the two teams.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE POND
The Wild and the Admirals faced off for the fourth time in the 2021-22 season on Friday, Dec. 10. After scoring at 18:23 of the third period to tie the game, Milwaukee outshot Iowa 3-0 in overtime and Admirals forward Cody Glass scored the game-winning goal at 2:01 of the overtime period. Iowa forwards Kyle Rau, Joseph Cramarossa and Alexander Khovanov all scored in the loss. Khovanov’s goal was the first of his AHL career.
- The Wild have outscored their opponents 30-15 in the second period of games this season.
- Iowa has outshot their opponents in the first, second and third periods to this point in the season.
- The Wild rank eighth amongst all AHL teams in goals allowed per game (2.80).
- After their game on Dec. 10, 2021, the Wild are just 1-2-2-0 when tied after two periods.
MOTIVATED IN MILWAUKEE
- Overtime is the only period in which the Admirals have outscored their opponents this season.
- Milwaukee’s three-game winning streak from Dec. 3 to Dec. 10 is their first such streak this season.
- The Admirals have won more games when being outshot (5) than they have when outshooting their opponent (2).
- Milwaukee has not lost a game when leading at the end of the first period.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com. Fans can purchase single-game tickets through the team’s website at www.iowawild.com. Group tickets (10 or more), suites, Wild 365 memberships or premium tickets can be purchased by contacting the Iowa Wild Ticket Department at 515-564-8700 or email@example.com.