CENTRAL DIVISION FINAL, GAME 2 PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT CHICAGO WOLVESMay 2, 2019
Iowa Wild (3-3) vs. Chicago Wolves (4-2)
Central Division Final, Game 2 (Chicago Leads 1-0)
Iowa and Chicago return to the ice less than 24 hours after Game 1 for Game 2 of the Central Division Final, taking place at Allstate Arena. Iowa is finishing up a stretch of three games in four days and five in eight with Thursday’s contest, all on the road. Iowa is 1-1-2 on the road so far this postseason.
The Wild fell to the Chicago Wolves by a score of 3-2 in overtime Wednesday night at Allstate Arena. Forward Gerry Mayhew recorded both goals for Iowa, while goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 26 of 29 shots in the contest. The game marked the second time in three games Iowa has needed an extra frame to decide the winner.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew’s six goals lead all active skaters in the Calder Cup Playoffs.
- Iowa is 9-7-4-1 in the second game of a back-to-back this season.
- Forward Sam Anas is currently riding a three-game point streak.
- Iowa has scored in the first period of five of its six games in the Calder Cup Playoffs.
- Iowa is one of three teams with multiple players ranking in the top 10 in scoring in the Calder Cup Playoffs.
- Forwards Brooks Macek and Daniel Carr, both returning from injury, recorded a combined three points (1g, 2a) Wednesday night.
- Forward Tomas Hyka leads the playoffs in shots with 23.
- Defenseman Zach Whitecloud leads all rookies in power-play points with three.
- Chicago’s 64 shots in the first period trails only Iowa’s 66 for the most by any playoff team this postseason.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through May. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.