CENTRAL DIVISION FINAL, GAME 3 PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. CHICAGO WOLVESMay 5, 2019
Iowa Wild (3-4) vs. Chicago Wolves (5-2)
Central Division Final, Game 3 (Chicago Leads 2-0)
Iowa finally returns home after a five-game, nine-day road trip, behind in the Central Division Finals by a score of 2-0 to the Chicago Wolves. This past regular season, Iowa went 4-2-2 against the Wolves. At home, Iowa is currently 2-0 in the playoffs and finished the season with a 23-9-5-1 record at Wells Fargo Arena.
The Wild dropped its second straight contest to the Wolves, falling 4-3 to Chicago at Allstate Arena on Thursday. Forward Gerry Mayhew continued his hot streak with his seventh goal of the postseason, leading all skaters in the AHL. Forward Luke Kunin potted two goals as well, bringing his goal total to five, third most in the Calder Cup Playoffs. Goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 26 of 30 shots in the loss.
- Iowa has outscored opponents 13-1 in the Calder Cup Playoffs at home, the best mark of the postseason.
- Iowa is a perfect 7-for-7 on the penalty kill at Wells Fargo Arena during the playoffs.
- The Wild’s plus-7 goal differential in the third period is the highest margin in the league.
- Forward Sam Anas currently has a four-game assist streak, longest in the postseason.
- Chicago is currently on a four-game win streak, second-longest in the postseason.
- Forwards Cody Glass and Keegan Kolesar are tied for most game-winning goals in the Calder Cup Playoffs with two.
- Defenseman Nic Hague leads the playoffs in penalty minutes by a defenseman with 25.
- Chicago leads the postseason in first period shots with 78.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through May. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.