CENTRAL DIVISION SEMIFINALS, GAME 2 PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSApr 23, 2019
Iowa Wild (1-0-0-0) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (0-1-0-0)
Central Division Semifinal, Game 2 (Iowa leads 1-0)
Iowa and Milwaukee face off in Game 2 of the Central Division Semifinals, with Iowa holding a 1-0 lead in the series. The game will be the third time since April 6 the two teams will meet. Iowa currently boasts a six-game win streak at Wells Fargo Arena against the Admirals.
In the franchise’s first-ever Calder Cup Playoff game, Iowa dominated the Admirals, posting a 7-0 win. Seven Wild players recorded their first career Calder Cup Playoff point in the contest and goaltender Andrew Hammond registered his first shutout in his pro playoff career. The game also tied Iowa’s largest margin of victory this season.
- Iowa has outscored the Admirals 19-1 at home, the best mark against any opponent this season.
- The Wild’s plus-7 win margin was the largest in a Calder Cup Playoff game since 2013 (Grand Rapids and Syracuse).
- A total of 13 players made their Calder Cup Playoffs debut Sunday against Milwaukee.
- The Wild became the first team since the Ontario Reign in 2016 to earn a victory in the franchise’s Calder Cup Playoff debut.
- Sunday marked the first time in team history the Admirals were shutout in Game 1 of the Calder Cup Playoffs.
- Goaltender Troy Grosenick has posted a 10-1-2 record since March 9, with Sunday’s contest marking his first regulation loss in that stretch.
- Milwaukee entered the postseason tied for third on the penalty kill in the AHL and killed eight of nine penalties Sunday.
- Milwaukee has lost its last 12 Calder Cup Playoff games.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.