CENTRAL DIVISION SEMIFINALS, GAME 3 - IOWA WILD AT MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSApr 25, 2019
Iowa Wild (2-0-0-0) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (0-2-0-0)
Central Division Semifinal, Game 3 (Iowa leads 2-0)
Iowa heads into Milwaukee with a 2-0 lead. Looking to close out its first Calder Cup Playoff series in team history. During the regular season, Iowa went 1-1-0-1 at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena, including posting one shutout on Jan. 25. Thursday’s game marks the first of possibly three contests on the road for the Wild.
Iowa took a 2-0 lead with a 6-1 victory against the Admirals Tuesday night in Des Moines. For the second straight contest, forward Luke Kunin recorded a second multi-point night with two goals, while forwards Matt Read, Mason Shaw, Gerry Mayhew and Mike Liambas notched the other tallies. Goaltender Andrew Hammond won his third straight game, stopping 33 of 34 shots in the win.
- Iowa became the first team in 30 years to win each of its games of a Calder Cup Playoff series by at least five goals.
- The Wild are 6-0 when forward Jordan Greenway is in the lineup.
- Iowa’s plus-12 goal differential is the best mark of all teams in the Calder Cup Playoffs.
- The Wild has eight skaters playing at a better than point per game pace this postseason.
- Milwaukee lost back to back games in regulation for the first time since March 8-9, 2019 with its 0-2 deficit in the series.
- Defenseman Matt Donovan is tied for the most minor penalties in the playoffs with four.
- The Admirals are currently riding a six-game win streak at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
- Milwaukee has lost its last six elimination games, with its last win coming against Houston on May 8, 2011.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.