CENTRAL DIVISION SEMIFINALS, GAME 5 - IOWA WILD AT MILWAUKEE ADMIRALSApr 29, 2019
Iowa Wild (2-2) vs. Milwaukee Admirals (2-2)
Central Division Semifinal, Game 5 (Series Tied 2-2)
The decisive Game 5 is Monday night between the Iowa Wild and Milwaukee Admirals with a spot in the Central Division Finals on the line. In all four contests this series, the home team has scored first and has earned the victory. Tonight’s game marks the first-ever Game 5 in Iowa Wild history and gives the team a chance to earn its first Calder Cup Playoff series win in team history.
In a contest that saw the Wild claw back from three different deficits, Iowa eventually fell to the Milwaukee Admirals in overtime by a score of 5-4. Forwards Gerry Mayhew (two goals), Matt Read and Cal O’Reilly all found the back of the net for the Wild, while goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 25 of 30 shots in the contest.
- Iowa has netted a power-play goal in each of the first four games in the series and its five power-play goals are the most in the playoffs.
- The Wild have had 25 power plays through the first four games of the series, the most of any team in the playoffs.
- The Wild’s plus-9 goal differential is the best mark in the Calder Cup Playoffs.
- Iowa’s 10 third-period goals are the most in any period by any team in the Calder Cup Playoffs.
- Milwaukee’s victory Friday was the team’s first win in OT since May 8, 2011 vs. Houston.
- The Admirals are 8-0-2 in their last 10 games at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
- Milwaukee is the only team in the Calder Cup Playoffs who has not scored a power-play goal.
- Milwaukee averages 22.5 penalty minutes per game, second-most in the Calder Cup Playoffs.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.