GAME PREVIEW - GRAND RAPIDS AT IOWA 12.22.17Dec 22, 2017
Iowa Wild (14-9-6-1; 35 pts.) vs. Grand Rapids Griffins (10-15-1-3; 24 pts.)
Iowa Wild returns home to Wells Fargo Arena after a five-game road trip, during which the team took six of a possible 10 points. Friday’s game is the fourth of 10 meetings in the season series and the third time the Wild squares off against the defending Calder Cup Champions this month. Iowa is 8-19-3-2 against Grand Rapids all-time while posting a 4-8-3-1 record in Des Moines.
Winger Sam Anas continued his torrid play of late, notching a goal and assist in the Wild’s 5-4 OT loss to Cleveland Wednesday night. Anas has now scored in five consecutive games and he has points in eight straight, which ties a franchise record. Cal O’Reilly recorded three assists in the overtime defeat, the most in a single game for him this season, while Mario Lucia scored a power-play goal and added an assist for his first multi-point game of the season.
- Winger Sam Anas has collected 12 points (7g, 5a) during his eight-game point streak.
- Iowa has scored at least one power-play goal in eight consecutive games and nine of the last 10 games.
- Forward Pat Cannone has a four-game home point streak (2g, 3a) and eight points (3g, 5a) in his last nine home games.
- The Wild boasts seven skaters with at least 15 points and four players who have recorded at least 20 points this season.
GRAND RAPIDS Notables
- Grand Rapids dropped a 5-4 contest in regulation to Chicago Wolves Thursday afternoon, a game the Griffins led 3-0 in the opening period.
- Detroit recalled forward Tyler Bertuzzi following Thursday's Griffins game. Bertuzzi has 14 points (7g, 7a) in 16 games from Grand Rapids.
- The Griffins have 21 points on the season and currently sit in 7th place in the Central Division.
- Grand Rapids is 2-5-1-1 in the second game when playing back-to-back games.
- Forward Matt Puempel is playing at a point-per-game pace (8g, 10a in 18 games) since being traded from the New York Rangers organization to the Detroit Red Wings on Oct. 21, 2017.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs. Rockford 12/28 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Rockford 12/29 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Chicago 1/1 12:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Milwaukee 1/5 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio\
vs. Manitoba 1/6 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio