GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT CHICAGO WOLVES 3.18.18Mar 18, 2018
Iowa Wild (30-18-9-5; 74 pts.) at Chicago Wolves (33-20-7-2; 75 pts.)
Iowa Wild heads to Chicago Wolves for the middle game of a three-in-three stretch. Both Iowa and Chicago are jockeying for playoff position, as the Wolves sit in second place in the Central Division just one point and .008 percentage points ahead of Iowa.
The Wild swept the Grand Rapids Griffins in a two-game set for the first time in franchise history with a 2-1 victory Saturday evening. Defenseman Alex Grant scored his ninth goal of the season for the game-winner and it extended the Wild’s point streak to five games (3-0-1-1)
- Forward Gerry Fitzgerald scored his first professional goal in the Wild’s 2-1 win against Grand Rapids.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly registered his 400th career AHL on Fitzgerald’s goal.
- Forward Sam Anas has seven points (6g, 1a) in five games against Chicago.
- Defenseman Viktor Loov has six assists in his last eight games.
- Chicago fell to Rockford IceHogs 3-2 Saturday night.
- Forward T.J. Tynan has 53 points (12g, 41a) in 62 games this year.
- Chicago owns a 19-9-2-0 record at home this season, the best in the Western Conference.
- Vegas Golden Knights loaned Tomas Hyka and Max Lagace to Chicago Wolves on March 15.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs. Rockford 3/19 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Grand Rapids 3/23 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Grand Rapids 3/24 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Milwaukee 3/26 5:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Chicago 3/28 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.