GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT CHICAGO WOLVES 3.28.18Mar 28, 2018
Iowa Wild (30-22-9-6; 75 pts.) at Chicago Wolves (31-27-7-2; 83 pts.)
Iowa Wild looks to climb back into the playoff picture in a road contest against Chicago Wolves at Allstate Arena Wednesday night. The meeting will be the seventh of eight meetings between the two teams, with each club holding a 3-3-0-0 record through the first six games.
The Wild fell to Milwaukee Admirals Sunday evening by a score of 7-2 at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. Forward Cal O’Reilly recorded his 13th goal and team-leading 56th point, while forward Pat Cannone tallied his 16th goal of the season in the loss.
- Wild forward Sam Anas has eight points (6g, 2a) in six games against Chicago this season.
- Wild forward Cal O’Reilly currently has a nine-game point streak, the longest active streak in the AHL.
- Iowa has six players (Anas, O’Reilly, Kyle Rau, Zach Palmquist, Zack Mitchell and Dante Salituro) averaging a point per game against Chicago this season.
- In three starts against Chicago this season, Niklas Svedberg is 3-0-0-0 with a 2.33 goals against average and a .925 save percentage.
- Chicago bested Grand Rapids 3-2 in the shootout Sunday at Allstate Arena.
- Wolves forward T.J. Tynan leads Chicago in scoring with 56 points (13g, 43a) in 66 games.
- Chicago averages 5.67 goals per home game against Iowa this season.
- Chicago’s seven goals, 14 assists and 21 points against Iowa on March 18 were all season highs for the club.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs. Tucson 3/30 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Tucson 3/31 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Cleveland 4/3 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Chicago 4/6 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Milwaukee 4/8 3:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.