GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT CLEVELAND MONSTERS 1.25.18Jan 25, 2018
Iowa Wild (19-13-7-3; 48 pts.) at Cleveland Monsters (13-21-3-3; 32 pts.)
Iowa Wild heads out to Cleveland for the final two games before the AHL All-Star Game. Iowa has battled Cleveland five times this season, going 4-0-1-0 in those contests. The Wild is 1-0-1-0 at Quicken Loans Arena during the 2017-18 season.
The Wild earned a 5-3 victory against Milwaukee Admirals on Jan. 20, bolstered by four-point nights from forwards Landon Ferraro and Cal O’Reilly. Defensemen Brennan Menell and Alex Grant each scored a goal in addition to O’Reilly’s tally and Ferraro’s two scores. The win extended the team’s point streak to three games.
- The Wild has recorded a point in five of its last six games, going 4-1-1-0 during that stretch.
- Ferraro and O’Reilly’s four-point nights tied a franchise record for most points in a single game. O’Reilly has recorded a four-point game twice this season (other: 1g, 3a at Manitoba on Jan. 13).
- O’Reilly leads the Wild with 27 assists this season, which ranks tied for sixth in the AHL.
- O’Reilly has 12 points (3g, 9a) in nine games since Jan 1, the second most among all AHL skaters during that time span.
- Forward Sam Anas currently has a seven-game point streak, recording 10 points (4g, 6a) during that stretch.
- Cleveland shut out Milwaukee 5-0 on the road on Jan. 23, the largest margin of victory in a Monsters win this season.
- Forward Carter Camper paces the Monsters with 28 points (7g, 21a) in 40 games this season.
- Goaltender Jeff Zatkoff earned his first win and shutout with the Monsters after being traded from the Los Angeles Kings organization to the Columbus Blue Jackets organization on Jan. 22.
- Columbus Blue Jackets signed forward Nathan Gerbe to a two-way contract on Jan. 24 and assigned him to Cleveland.
- Columbus Blue Jackets assigned forward Tyler Motte to Cleveland on Jan. 24.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
at Cleveland 1/27 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Bakersfield 2/2 9:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Ontario 2/3 8:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at San Diego 2/6 9:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Chicago 2/9 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.