GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT COLORADO EAGLESNov 30, 2018
For the first time in franchise history, Iowa heads to the Budweiser Events Center to take on the Colorado Eagles in Loveland, Colo. The two-game series will the final two times the Wild and the Eagles battle in the regular season. Iowa sits in second place in the Central Division while Colorado is in third in the Pacific.
Iowa earned a point against the Grand Rapids Griffins as the team fell in overtime by a score of 3-2 Monday night. Forwards Gerry Mayhew and Cal O’Reilly recorded the goals for the Wild while goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 34 of 37 shots in the contest.
- Iowa heads to Colorado sporting a seven-game road point streak, tied for the longest in the AHL this season.
- The Wild is just one of two teams to have not lost by more than two goals so far this season (other: Laval).
- Iowa has scored first in 14 games this season, which leads the AHL.
- The Wild is the only team in the league to have a top-five ranked power play and penalty kill.
- Colorado defeated the San Jose Barracuda in the shootout by a score of 4-3 on Nov. 24.
- Forward Andrew Agozzino paces the Eagles with 20 points (9g, 11) in 19 games for Colorado.
- Colorado’s 55 shots against Iowa on Oct. 26 is the most shots in a single game this season across the AHL.
- Former Minnesota Wild draft pick Justin Falk is in his first season with the Eagles, posting two points (1g, 1a) in eight games.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.