GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINSOct 30, 2019
Iowa Wild (5-1-1-1; 12 pts.) at Grand Rapids Griffins (5-2-0-1; 11 pts.)
Iowa’s seven-game, 16-day road trip continues as the team takes on the Grand Rapids Griffins at Van Andel Arena Wednesday evening. Iowa currently sits in first place in the Central Division with 12 points, with Grand Rapids directly behind them in second place with 11. All-time, Iowa is 15-22-4-5 against Grand Rapids, including a 9-12-0-2 record at Van Andel Arena.
The Wild earned a point against the Tucson Roadrunners but fell in overtime by a score of 2-1 on Oct. 26. Forward Brandon Duhaime recorded the lone goal of the game for the Wild, while goaltender Mat Robson made back-to-back starts for the first time in his career, stopping 45 of 47 shots, a season-high for a Wild netminder.
- Iowa currently has a five-game win streak and a six-game point streak against the Griffins at Van Andel Arena.
- The Wild’s 100 shots in the third period are the third most of any team in the frame.
- Iowa is 5-0-0-1 in games where the team outshoots the opponent and its 11 points in those games are the most in the AHL.
- Minnesota reassigned forwards Gabriel Dumont and Gerry Mayhew and goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen to Iowa in consecutive days this week. Iowa also reassigned forward Dmitry Sokolov to Allen on Oct. 29.
- Grand Rapids defeated the Texas Stars by a score of 6-4 on Oct. 26.
- Forward Chris Terry leads the Griffins with 11 points (4g, 7a) in eight games.
- Grand Rapids’ 5-2-0-1 record is the team’s best start since 2008-09.
- Detroit reassigned forward Evgeny Svechnikov to Grand Rapids on Oct. 29.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.