GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINS 2.25.18Feb 25, 2018
Iowa Wild (26-17-7-3; 62 pts.) at Grand Rapids Griffins (29-19-1-6; 65 pts.)
Iowa Wild faces off with Grand Rapids Griffins once again, as the teams close out a back-to-back series Sunday afternoon. Sunday’s contest is the sixth of 10 meetings this season between the two teams, with the Wild holding a 2-1-0-2 record.
The Wild had its eight-game point streak against Grand Rapids snapped with a 2-1 victory for the home team Saturday night. Wild forward Kurtis Gabriel scored the team’s lone goal at 19:57 in the third period, ending Grand Rapids’ shutout. Wild goaltender Niklas Svedberg suffered just his second loss in 11 games.
- Wild forward Ryan White has recorded assists in back to back games for the first time since December.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly is tied for 11th in AHL with 44 points (9g, 35a).
- Defenseman Ryan Murphy has four points (1g, 3a) in his last four games.
- Goaltender Niklas Svedberg’s nine wins since Jan. 17 is the most during that stretch among all AHL goaltenders.
- Forward Matthew Ford recorded his 20th goal of the season against Iowa, joining forward Eric Tangradi as 20-goal scorers for the Griffins.
- Ford has four points (1g, 3a) in four games against Iowa this season.
- Forward Ben Street is tied for seventh in the AHL in assists with 33.
- The Griffins have earned points in 12 of its last 13 games, going 10-1-0-2 during that stretch.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
at Manitoba 3/3 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Manitoba 3/4 2:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Texas 3/7 7:30 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at San Antonio 3/9 7:30 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Manitoba 3/11 3:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.