GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT MANITOBA MOOSE 1.13.18Jan 13, 2018
Iowa Wild (16-12-6-3; 41 pts.) vs. Manitoba Moose (25-7-3-2; 55 pts.)
Iowa Wild takes its first road trip to Manitoba this season to battle the AHL-leading Moose in a two-game series. Saturday’s game will be the second of three meetings in nine days between the two clubs. All-time, Iowa is 7-1-0-0 at Bell MTS Place.
The Wild earned is first win of 2018 in a 4-1 victory against Cleveland Monsters on Jan. 7. Wild captain Cal O’Reilly opened the scoring with his sixth goal of the season at 14:21 in the first period, the second time in three games in which Iowa scored first. Winger Sam Anas potted his 12th goal of the season at 16:59 in the second period to double the Wild’s lead. Defenseman Nick Seeler scored his first professional goal at 6:23 in the third period, but Cleveland broke goaltender Steve Michalek’s shutout bid at 12:44 in the stanza. Defenseman Brennan Menell iced the game with an empty-net goal for the convincing 4-1 win.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly’s goal against Cleveland snapped a 16-game goalless drought. He registered 10 assists during that stretch.
- Since Dec. 5, the line of Gerry Mayhew, Justin Kloos and Sam Anas has combined for 36 points (18g, 18a).
- Recently recalled forward Pavel Jenys has 14 points (9g, 5a) in his last 11 games with Rapid City Rush of the ECHL.
- Iowa has recorded a power-play goal in its last eight road games.
- Goaltender Steve Michalek has started five out of the Wild’s last six games, going 2-2-0-1 during that stretch.
- The Moose lost to Grand Rapids 5-1 on Jan. 10.
- Manitoba is 2-2-2-0 in its last six games.
- Winnipeg recalled forward Brendan Lemieux and reassigned defenseman Tucker Poolman to Manitoba on Jan. 8.
- Manitoba’s roster features eight players with 20 or more points.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
at Manitoba 1/14 2:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs Chicago 1/17 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs Bakersfield 1/19 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs Milwaukee 1/20 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Cleveland 1/25 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.