GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT MANITOBA MOOSE 3.3.18Mar 3, 2018
Iowa Wild (26-17-7-4; 63 pts.) at Manitoba Moose (34-15-4-3; 75 pts.)
Iowa Wild continues its six-game road trip with a pair of contests beginning Saturday night against Manitoba Moose. The Moose sits atop the Central Division standings, while the Wild sits in fourth. This season, the Wild is 2-3-0-0 against the Moose and 1-1-0-0 at MTS Centre.
The Wild earned a point in a 3-2 shootout loss to Grand Rapids Griffins on Feb. 25. Wild forward Sam Anas had a goal and an assist in the game, with forward Gerry Mayhew recording the other tally. The game was also the first time since December 9-13 goaltender Niklas Svedberg suffered back-to-back defeats.
- Wild forward Sam Anas leads the team with 12 multi-point games this season.
- Defenseman Zach Palmquist set a career-high in assists (20) with a helper against Grand Rapids on Feb. 25.
- Wild forward Kyle Rau appeared in his 200th professional game against Grand Rapids on Feb. 25 (164 AHL games, 36 NHL games).
- Minnesota Wild recalled forward Luke Kunin to the NHL on Feb. 27.
- Iowa Wild reassigned forward Jack Walker to Rapid City of the ECHL and recalled forward Dante Salituro and defenseman Matt Caito.
- Chicago defeated Manitoba 5-2 on Feb. 25 in the last game for the Moose.
- Forward Mason Appleton paces Manitoba with 51 points (18g, 33a) in 56 games.
- Forward Brendan Lemieux has two multi-goal games in his last three appearances and five goals in his last four contests.
- Winnipeg Jets reassigned forward Nic Petan and defenseman Tucker Poolman to Manitoba on Feb. 26.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
at Manitoba 3/4 2:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Texas 3/7 7:30 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at San Antonio 3/9 7:30 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Manitoba 3/11 3:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Rockford 3/13 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.