GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT ROCKFORD ICEHOGSNov 2, 2019
Iowa Wild (7-1-1-1; 16 pts.) at Rockford IceHogs (3-5-0-0; 6 pts.)
Iowa closes out its season-high seven-game road trip with a contest against the Rockford IceHogs Saturday night. Iowa heads into the contest first in the Central Division with 16 points while the IceHogs are in seventh with six. Iowa is 29-30-3-1 all-time against the IceHogs, including a 14-14-2-1 record in Rockford.
The Wild won a thrilling 1-0 contest against the Milwaukee Admirals Friday night, continuing the team’s best start in franchise history. Forward Gerry Mayhew scored the lone goal in the contest, giving him 10 points (6g, 4a) in six games and extending his point streak to six games. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen won his sixth consecutive game and earned his seventh career shutout, both setting new franchise records.
- Iowa has earned points in every game against Central Division opponents this season, going 7-0-0-1 in those contests.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen is 6-1-1 against the IceHogs in his career, posting a 1.21 goals against average and a .957 save percentage with three shutouts.
- Kahkonen’s six wins this season are tops among all AHL goaltenders.
- Mayhew’s six-game point streak is the second-longest active streak in the league.
- Rockford defeated the San Antonio Rampage by a score of 6-3 Wednesday evening.
- Forwards Tyler and Dylan Sikura lead the IceHogs with five points apiece.
- Rockford’s three third period goals are the fewest among any team in the AHL.
- Dylan Sikura is suspended for tonight’s game as a result of a high-sticking major in Wednesday’s contest against the Rampage.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.