GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD AT ROCKFORD ICEHOGS 11.3.18Nov 3, 2018
Iowa Wild (6-2-0-0; 12 pts.) vs. Rockford Ice Hogs (5-3-1-1; 12 pts.)
Iowa and Rockford open up their 10-game season series tonight from BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford. Puck drop is scheduled for 6 p.m. Central.
The Wild earned their first road win of the season, rallying in the third period, before eventually topping Grand Rapids, 3-2, in the shootout. Rookie center Gerry Fitzgerald had the shootout game-winner as goaltender Andrew Hammond (34 saves) improved to 6-1-0-0 on the season.
- The Wild lead the AHL in power play efficiency, clicking at 37.9% thus far.
- With its win last night, Iowa improved to 1-0-0-0 when trailing at the second intermission. Last season, the Wild posted three wins when behind after 40 minutes of play.
- Veteran defenseman Nate Prosser made his Iowa Wild debut last night, his first AHL, regular season game since 4/15/12. Prosser is currently on a conditioning assignment from the Minnesota Wild.
- Rockford registered a 3-2 overtime win in Milwaukee last night, getting the game-winner from defenseman Darren Raddysh.
- The Ice Hogs roster features former Wild forward Tyler Sikura, as well as his younger brother, Dylan.
- Rockford has posted a 3-1-0-1 record at home this season. In 2017-18, they won 22 games at BMO Harris Bank Center.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.