GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT ROCKFORD ICEHOGS 11.7.18Nov 6, 2018
Iowa Wild (7-3-0-0; 14 pts.) at Rockford IceHogs (6-3-1-2; 15 pts.)
In the first of two consecutive 10:30 a.m. puck drops for Iowa, the Wild takes on the Rockford IceHogs for the third straight game. Iowa enters the contest sitting in fourth place in the Central Division, while Rockford is one point ahead of the Wild in third place.
At the tail end of a three-in-three, the Wild fell to the IceHogs by a score of 4-2 on Nov. 4. Defenseman Matt Bartkowski netted his first goal in an Iowa Wild sweater while forward Justin Kloos potted his fourth goal of the season. Goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 35 shots in the loss.
- The Wild’s seven wins and 14 points are the most through 10 games in franchise history.
- Defenseman Brennan Menell is in the midst of a six-game point streak, the longest active point streak by a defenseman in the AHL.
- Forward Sam Anas leads the AHL with three shootout goals.
- Goaltender Andrew Hammond leads the AHL in saves with 242.
- Rockford Head Coach Jeremy Colliton was promoted to the Chicago Blackhawks, becoming the 38th bench boss in the organization’s history on Nov. 6. Derek King was named interim head coach for Rockford.
- The IceHogs have earned points in nine of their last 10 games (6-1-1-2).
- Forward Jacob Nilsson notched his first career AHL goal, which stood as the game-winner, against Iowa on Sunday.
- Rockford is in the midst of playing 39 consecutive games against Central Division opponents.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.