GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGEDec 1, 2019
Iowa Wild (11-6-2-2; 26 pts.) at San Antonio Rampage (9-6-5-2; 25 pts.)
Iowa continues its road trip in the Lone Star State as the Wild takes on the San Antonio Rampage for the first time in 2019-20. Last season, the Wild went 4-3-0-1 against the Rampage but was 0-3-0-1 in San Antonio. Iowa currently sits in second place in the Central Division with 26 points while San Antonio is in third with 25.
The Wild attempted multiple comeback attempts against the Texas Stars Saturday night but fell short, ultimately losing 4-3. Forward Sam Anas scored two goals to bring his total to six on the season and forward Luke Johnson logged his second of the year. Goaltender Mat Robson started his fourth consecutive game, stopping 21 of 25 shots in the loss.
- Iowa is 0-4-1-1 in its last six games against the Rampage in San Antonio, with the team’s last win coming Dec. 1, 2017.
- Defenseman Brennan Menell is tied for the lead among all AHL blueliners in assists with 14 and ranks third in points with 16.
- Defenseman Matt Bartkowski has a three-game assist streak, his longest such streak since March 27 – April 3, 2014 with Boston.
- Wild forward Gerry Mayhew leads Iowa all-time in scoring against the Rampage, recording 14 points (8g, 6a) in 14 games.
- San Antonio fell to the Milwaukee Admirals by a score of 4-3 in overtime Saturday night.
- Forward Nathan Walker leads the Rampage with 22 points (12g, 10a) in 20 games this season.
- San Antonio is 0-5-2 in games that require more than 60 minutes.
- Forward Mike Vecchione has 10 points (6g, 4a) in his last seven games.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.