GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGEDec 4, 2019
Iowa Wild (12-6-2-2; 28 pts.) at San Antonio Rampage (9-7-5-2; 25 pts.)
Iowa and San Antonio meet again for the Rampage’s School Day Game Wednesday morning, the second of eight contests between the two clubs this season. Iowa sits in second in the Central Division with 28 points, with San Antonio in fourth with 25 points. Iowa is 17-13-3-4 all-time against San Antonio and owns a 7-6-2-4 record at AT&T Center.
The Wild earned the team’s first victory in Texas since Dec. 1, 2017 with a 4-3 win against San Antonio Sunday afternoon. Forward Nico Sturm recorded the first multi-goal game of his career, netting two tallies, including the game-winner. Forward Luke Johnson added the other goal for the Wild as goaltender Dereck Baribeau stopped 30 of 32 shots in his AHL debut.
- Goaltender Dereck Baribeau became just the second Wild netminder to earn a win in his AHL debut (other: Steve Michalek; Jan. 30, 2016) with Sunday's victory.
- Iowa is 3-3-1-0 all-time in School Day Games and 2-1-0-0 in such contests on the road.
- The Wild boasts the best road PK percentage with a 94.9 percent success rate.
- Minnesota assigned defenseman Greg Pateryn to Iowa for the purpose of a conditioning assignment on Dec. 2.
- San Antonio has scored the first goal in each of its last five contests.
- Forward Ryan Olsen’s goal vs. Iowa Sunday was the fastest to start a game in Rampage history at 0:09.
- Fourteen of defenseman Derrick Pouliot’s 18 points have come on the man advantage.
- San Antonio leads the AHL with 271 third-period shots.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.