GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT SAN ANTONIO RAMPAGE 3.9.18Mar 9, 2018
Iowa Wild (27-18-8-4; 66 pts.) at San Antonio Rampage (27-24-9-0; 63 pts.)
Iowa Wild closes out its season-long six-game road trip with a contest against San Antonio Rampage Friday at 7:30 p.m. Iowa is 3-1-1-0 this season against San Antonio and 6-3-2-2 all-time at AT&T Center. The Wild sits in fourth place in the Central Division, while the Rampage sits in sixth in the Pacific Division.
The Wild suffered a 4-2 loss to Texas Stars Wednesday night in Cedar Park. Wild forward Kurtis Gabriel scored his third of the season while forward Zack Mitchell scored his third goal of the road trip. Goaltender Niklas Svedberg stopped 29 of 33 shots in the loss.
- Forward Zack Mitchell is riding a three-game goal streak, amassing five points (3g, 2a) during that stretch.
- Iowa has scored the first goal in just two of the team’s past 12 games. Forward Kurtis Gabriel recorded both tallies.
- Defenseman Ryan Murphy is on a three-game assist streak and has eight points (1g, 7a) in his last eight games.
- The Wild has recorded a power-play goal in six of its last nine games.
- San Antonio fell to Chicago Wolves 5-2 at home on March 6.
- Forward Andrew Agozzino leads San Antonio in scoring with 31 points (14g, 17a) in 57 games.
- Goaltender Ville Husso ranks fourth among AHL goalies and first among rookie goalies in save percentage (.926).
- San Antonio recalled forward Michael Joly from Colorado Eagles on March 8.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs. Manitoba 3/11 3:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Rockford 3/13 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Grand Rapids 3/14 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Grand Rapids 3/17 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Chicago 3/18 3:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.