GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT TEXAS STARSNov 26, 2019
Iowa Wild (11-4-2-2; 26 pts.) vs. Texas Stars (4-13-0-2; 10 pts.)
Iowa kicks off a five-game road trip that spans Texas and Wisconsin with a contest against the Texas Stars Tuesday evening. The Wild are currently in second place in the division with 26 points while the Stars are in eighth with 10. Iowa has earned points in each of the two games against Texas this season, but went 1-6-1-0 in 2018-19 vs. the Stars.
Iowa recorded the team’s sixth come-from-behind victory and its fourth win when trailing after two periods in a 3-2 shootout victory against the Bakersfield Condors Sunday. Goaltender Mat Robson started his second consecutive contest, stopping 29 of 31 shots in the win. Forwards Cody McLeod and Gabriel Dumont scored in the game, while forwards Sam Anas, Nico Sturm and JT Brown all registered goals in the shootout.
- Two of forward Cody McLeod’s three tallies this season have been game-winning goals.
- Iowa’s six first goals and nine first period goals are both the fewest in the league.
- The Wild’s .750 points percentage on the road is the second-best mark in the AHL.
- Iowa has earned points in each of its last five road contests, the third-longest active streak in the league.
- Texas defeated the Rockford IceHogs by a score of 7-6 in the shootout on Saturday.
- Texas’ seven goals were the most the team has scored this season and the most since scoring seven against San Antonio on March 10, 2019.
- Forward Jason Robertson paces the Stars with 11 points (6g, 5a) in 19 games.
- Texas has allowed the most first period goals in the AHL with 25.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.