GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT TEXAS STARSNov 30, 2019
Iowa Wild (11-5-2-2; 26 pts.) at Texas Stars (5-13-0-2; 12 pts.)
Following three off days, the Wild and Stars are back on the ice for the second of two games between the clubs. Iowa heads into the contest second in the Central Division with 26 points while Texas is in last place with 12 points. The game marks the fourth of eight contests between the two teams in 2019-20.
The Wild allowed seven goals, the most in 2019-20, in a 7-3 loss to the Stars on Nov. 26. Forward Gerry Mayhew extended his team scoring lead with his 11th and 12th tallies of the year, while forward Brandon Duhaime also scored his third of the season in the loss. Goaltender Mat Robson made 25 saves on 32 shots on Tuesday.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew’s 12 goals are tied for third-most in the AHL.
- Defenseman Brennan Menell ranks second among all AHL defensemen in assists with 13 and third in power-play assists with seven.
- Iowa’s 252 shots in the second, 741 total shots and 36.30 shots per game all lead the AHL.
- Iowa has scored a power-play goal in three of its last four contests.
- Texas sports a seven-game win streak against the Wild at H-E-B Center.
- Goaltender Landon Bow is one win shy of tying Texas’ all-time record for victories by a netminder.
- Bow has the third-most losses of all AHL goaltenders but ranks first in the league in shootout wins.
- Texas has been outshot by its opponents in the first, second and third periods this season.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.