GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD AT TUCSON ROADRUNNERSOct 25, 2019
Iowa Wild (5-0-0-1; 11 pts.) vs. Tucson Roadrunners (4-1-0-0; 1 pts.)
Iowa continues its season-long seven-game road trip with a pair of games against the Tucson Roadrunners. Iowa currently sits in first place in the Central Division with 11 points, while Tucson is in third place in the Pacific Division with eight points. All-time, Iowa is 1-5-2-0 against Tucson, with the team’s lone win coming last season at Tucson.
The Wild’s best start in franchise history continued as Iowa defeated the Manitoba Moose by a score of 4-2 on Oct. 19. Forward Sam Anas led the way with three points (2g, 1a), while forwards Nico Sturm and Kyle Rau netted the other tallies for the visitors. Goaltender Mat Robson stopped 24 of 26 shots in the contest, earning his first professional win in the process.
- With his first goal, forward Sam Anas recorded point 133, making him the all-time leader in franchise history in career points, previously held by Zack Mitchell.
- Anas’ goal against Manitoba was the first time all season the Wild scored the first tally of the contest.
- Oct. 19 is the earliest the Wild have reached 11 in points in team history, surpassing the old mark of Nov. 2.
- Iowa signed goaltender Jake Paterson to a PTO as Minnesota recalled goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen under emergency conditions.
- Tucson defeated the San Antonio Rampage by a score of 4-2 on Oct. 19.
- The Roadrunners are led by forward Lane Pederson, who has seven points (6g, 1a) in five games.
- Eight of Tucson’s first nine games will come against Central Division opponents.
- Tucson is just one of two teams to rank in the top 10 for goals for per game, goals against per game, shots for per game and shots against per game (other: Iowa).
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.