GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. BAKERSFIELD CONDORSNov 7, 2018
Iowa Wild (8-3-0-0; 16 pts.) vs. Bakersfield Condors (5-4-0-0; 10 pts.)
Iowa plays host to the Bakersfield Condors Thursday morning in the team’s Wild About Education School Day Game, presented by MidAmerican Energy and TPI Plumbing Contractors. The Wild are 1-0-1-0 all-time against the Condors, outscoring Bakersfield 11-4 in those two games.
The Wild faced off against the Rockford IceHogs Wednesday morning to cap off three straight contests against the Central Division rival. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen notched his first career AHL shutout, stopping 28 saves. Forwards Sam Anas and Matt Read recorded their first goal of the season respectively, while center Cal O’Reilly netted an empty-netter for his third.
- Iowa is 3-3-0-0 all-time in school day games and has won its last three consecutive games with a morning puck drop.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen’s shutout Wednesday was the first shutout by any rookie goalie this season in the AHL and the 18th in Iowa Wild history.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly has 12 points (3g, 9a) in his last eight games, tied for third-best in the league during that stretch.
- Iowa has recorded a power-play goal in eight of its first 11 games and boasts the best power-play in the AHL (31.0%).
- Bakersfield defeated the San Antonio Rampage by a score of 3-2 on Nov. 4.
- The Condors are led by rookie forward Cameron Hebig, who has 10 points (5g, 5a) in nine games.
- The Condors have scored a power-play goal in each of its last six games.
- Bakersfield recalled John McFarland from the ECHL’s Wichita Thunder and reassigned Stuart Skinner and Nolan Vesey to the Thunder.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.