GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. BAKERSFIELD CONDORSNov 10, 2018
Iowa Wild (8-3-1-0; 17 pts.) vs. Bakersfield Condors (6-4-0-0; 12 pts.)
Iowa Wild competes against the Bakersfield Condors Saturday night as the organization hosts its annual Veterans Appreciation Night, where the team will wear specialty military themed jerseys, which will be auctioned off following the game to benefit ALS research. Iowa is tied for second in the Central Division, while Bakersfield sits in third in the Pacific Division.
The Wild battled against the Condors in Iowa’s annual school day game. In front of more than 12,400 fans, Iowa fell by a score of 5-4 in overtime. Mitch McLain, Sam Anas, Mason Shaw and Gerry Mayhew all scored for Iowa, while goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 36 shots in the loss.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly is tied for the fifth most assists in the AHL with 11 on the season.
- The Wild’s 34 goals for at home are the most in the league.
- Iowa has scored first in nine of the first 12 games.
- The Wild set a team record for fastest consecutive goals when forwards Mason Shaw and Gerry Mayhew scored 15 seconds apart in Thursday’s game.
- Bakersfield is undefeated in the month of November, going 3-0-0-0.
- Goaltender Al Montoya earned his 100th AHL win in Bakersfield’s win against Iowa on Thursday.
- Winger Tyler Benson has seven points (1g, 6a) in his last seven games.
- Five of rookie forward Cameron Hebig’s six goals have come on the power play this season.