GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. BAKERSFIELD CONDORSNov 23, 2019
Iowa Wild (9-4-2-2; 22 pts.) vs. Bakersfield Condors (7-7-2-0; 16 pts.)
Iowa Wild and the Bakersfield Condors will face off for the first time at Wells Fargo Arena in more than a year Saturday evening, continuing the team’s four-game homestand. The Wild enter the contest sitting in second place in the Central Division with 22 points while the Condors are in fifth place in the Pacific Division with 16 points.
The Wild and Milwaukee Admirals played a spirited affair at Wells Fargo Arena Tuesday night, but the visitors ultimately prevailed with a 6-5 victory in the shootout. Iowa had six players record multi-point nights and overcame three one-goal deficits but could not get the extra point. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 28 of 33 shots in the loss.
- Iowa has allowed two goals or less during 5-on-5 play in each of the team’s last eight games, including four with zero 5-on-5 goals allowed.
- The Wild have earned points in every game forward Gabriel Dumont has scored in, going 3-0-0-2 in those games.
- Defenseman Louie Belpedio appeared in his 100th pro game on Tuesday.
- Minnesota recalled goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen under emergency conditions on Nov. 21, prompting Iowa to recall goaltender Dereck Baribeau from the Allen Americans in the ECHL.
- Bakersfield lost in overtime to the Stockton Heat by a score of 4-3 on Nov. 21.
- Forwards Tyler Benson and Brad Malone are tied for the team lead in points with 14 each.
- Bakersfield is 5-0-0-0 when outshot by its opponent.
- Saturday’s game is the first time this season the Condors will play a game outside of their division.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.