GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. BAKERSFIELD CONDORSNov 24, 2019
Iowa Wild (10-4-2-2; 24 pts.) vs. Bakersfield Condors (7-8-2-0; 16 pts.)
Iowa and Bakersfield once again meet at Wells Fargo Arena as the two teams square off in the second game of a back-to-back Sunday afternoon. Iowa heads into the contest 3-2-2-0 all-time against Bakersfield, including a 1-1-2-0 record against the Condors in Des Moines.
The Wild defeated the Bakersfield Condors by a score of 4-2 Saturday evening in the team's Hockey Fights Cancer Night. Goaltender Mat Robson once again shined, stopping 21 of 23 shots in the win. Forward Gerry Mayhew became the first Wild skater to reach double-digits in goals, while forwards Connor Dewar, Cody McLeod and Luke Johnson also potted tallies in the contest.
- Forward Luke Johnson made his debut for the Wild, recording a goal and an assist in his 200th AHL game.
- The Wild has earned points in four of its last five contests, going 3-1-0-1 during that stretch.
- Goaltender Mat Robson ranks first in save percentage for rookie netminders (.928) and second in goals against average (2.09).
- Forward Gerry Mayhew has the fewest games played (14) among the eight AHL skaters with 10-plus goals this season.
- Forward Tyler Benson has nine points (5g, 4a) in his last nine games.
- Goaltender Stuart Skinner has started Bakersfield’s last eight contests, going 4-3-1 during that stretch.
- Bakersfield is one of four teams in the AHL with a losing record when scoring first.
- Forward Brad Malone’s 26.7 shooting percentage ranks second among all skaters with at least 15 shots on goal.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.