GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. CHICAGO WOLVESNov 17, 2018
Iowa Wild (10-4-1-0; 21 pts.) vs. Chicago Wolves (8-5-0-1, 17pts.)
Iowa Wild begins a four-game road trip with a Saturday night game against the Chicago Wolves. Last season Iowa notched a 4-4-0-0 record against the Wolves and Saturday’s game will be the first of eight meetings between the two clubs. Iowa currently sits in first in the Central Division while Chicago is in fourth.
The Wild hosted the Milwaukee Admirals in the team’s 200th home game in franchise history and skated away with a 6-0 victory. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen recorded his third consecutive shutout, setting a franchise record in the process. Forward Kyle Rau paved the way with a three-point night, with forwards Sam Anas and Mitch McLain also recording multi-point games.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen’s 207:55 shutout minutes is the longest shutout streak in the AHL this season.
- Iowa’s power play (27.6 percent) and penalty kill (89.4 percent) are the best in the AHL.
- Forward Mitch McLain is currently riding a four-game point streak (2g, 3a), the longest such streak of his career.
- Iowa’s 11 goals against on the road is the lowest mark in the league.
- Chicago fell to the Milwaukee Admirals by a score of 7-2 on Nov. 11.
- The Wolves have the league’s top two point scorers, as the team is paced by forwards Brook Macek (21 points; 14g, 7a) and Daniel Carr (20 points; 9g, 11a).
- Carr is currently on a three-game point streak, notching six points (5g, 1a) during that stretch.
- The Wolves reassigned goaltender Zach Fucale to the ECHL’s Fort Wayne Komets on Nov. 14.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.