GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. CHICAGO WOLVES 1.17.18Jan 17, 2018
Iowa Wild (17-13-6-3; 43 pts.) vs. Chicago Wolves (19-14-5-2; 45 pts.)
Iowa Wild begins a three-game homestand with a contest against Chicago Wolves Wednesday night. The Central Division rivals are both fighting for a playoff spot, with just .012 percentage points separating the two teams. Wednesday’s game is the fourth of eight meetings between the teams and the second at Wells Fargo Arena this season.
On Jan. 14 the Wild fell to Manitoba Moose 3-2. Wild goaltender Niklas Svedberg made his first start since Dec. 15 in the loss, stopping 33 shots in the contest. Winger Sam Anas scored his 14th of the season and forward Zack Mitchell potted his sixth of the year in the loss.
- Winger Sam Anas has 31 points (14g, 17a) in 33 games in 2017, surpassing his 28 points (12g, 16a) from last season in half the games (66 games).
- In three games against Chicago this season, Anas has four points (3g, 1a).
- Forward Cal O’Reilly is riding a three-game point streak, recording seven points (2g, 5a) during that stretch.
- Forward Justin Kloos ranks tied for sixth in rookie scoring with 28 points (11g, 17a).
- Chicago lost to Ontario 4-2 in California on Jan. 13.
- St. Louis recalled forward Ivan Barbashev and defenseman Vince Dunn from the Wolves on Jan. 15.
- Forward Stefan Matteau has scored five of his six goals this season on the road.
- Forward Tomas Hyka has eight points (1g, 7a) since Jan. 1, the most points on the Wolves during that stretch.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs Bakersfield 1/19 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs Milwaukee 1/20 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Cleveland 1/25 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Cleveland 1/27 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Bakersfield 2/2 9:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.