GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. CHICAGO WOLVESDec 7, 2018
Iowa Wild (13-4-4-2; 32 pts.) vs. Chicago Wolves (11-9-2-1, 25 pts.)
Iowa Wild closes out a two-game series against the Chicago Wolves with a Friday night contest against the Central Division foe. Friday night is also the Wild’s annual Teddy Bear Toss game. Iowa owns sole possession of first place in the Central Division with 32 points while the Chicago Wolves are in fourth place with 25 points.
The Wild squandered a 3-0 lead to fall to the Chicago Wolves 4-3 in overtime Wednesday evening. By earning a point, the Wild extended its point streak to 10 games, one game shy of the franchise record. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen started his fifth consecutive game Wednesday, stopping 26 of 30 shots, while forwards Justin Kloos, Luke Kunin and Gerry Fitzgerald notched goals in the contest.
- Forward Gerry Fitzgerald is one of six rookies to lead their respective team in goals.
- More than 50 percent of Iowa’s games have gone to overtime and the Wild’s 18 overtime/shootout points lead the league.
- Iowa leads the league with 51 goals scored at home.
- The Wild has scored first in 16 of its 23 games, which leads the AHL.
- Six of Chicago’s seven goals against the Wild this season have come on the power play.
- Forward Brandon Pirri notched his first four-point games since April of 2013 Wednesday against Iowa.
- Defenseman Nic Hague recorded the first multi-goal effort of his career on Wednesday against Iowa.
- Wednesday’s win snapped a five-game losing streak for the Wolves.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.