GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. CHICAGO WOLVESFeb 17, 2019
Iowa Wild (27-16-4-4; 62 pts.) vs. Chicago Wolves (27-17-5-1; 60 pts.)
Iowa faces off against the Chicago Wolves Sunday afternoon for the sixth of eight meetings between the two clubs this season. Iowa heads into the contest just two points ahead of the Wolves in the Central Division, with the Wild in second and Chicago on third place. Iowa has earned points in four of the previous five games against the Wolves this year.
After opening up a 4-0 lead against the Rockford IceHogs, the Wild ultimately fell by a score of 5-4 in the shootout Saturday evening. Iowa received goals from defenseman Brennan Menell and forwards JT Brown, Sam Anas and Gerry Mayhew. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped 31 of 35 shots in the contest.
- Forward Gerry Mayhew recorded his second three-point game of the season on Saturday while moving his goal streak to four games, the longest of his career.
- Iowa’s 18 overtime and shootout games are the second most in the AHL.
- Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen has been in net for the last 10 games for Iowa that has required an extra frame.
- The Wild has notched multiple power-play goals in two of its last three contests.
- Chicago fell to the Manitoba Moose by a score of 3-2 on Feb. 15.
- Forward Daniel Carr leads the entire AHL with 62 points (27g, 35a) in 44 games.
- Carr is currently riding a six-game goal streak, the longest active streak in the AHL.
- Chicago ranks second in the AHL in first goals with 32.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.