GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. CHICAGO WOLVESMar 8, 2019
Iowa Wild (31-17-7-5; 74 pts.) vs. Chicago Wolves (34-18-5-2; 75 pts.)
Iowa closes out its season-long six-game road trip with a battle against the Chicago Wolves with first place in the Central Division on the line. Chicago currently sits in first place with 75 points while Iowa is tied for second with 74 points. This season, Iowa is 3-1-2-0 against the Wolves and 2-0-1-0 at Allstate Arena.
The Wild earned a 4-3 overtime victory against the Grand Rapids Griffins Friday evening. Forward Cal O’Reilly recorded a three-point night (1g, 2a), with forwards Mitch McLain and Will Bitten and defenseman Matt Bartkowski logging the other tallies. Goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 34 of 37 shots in the contest.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly has nine points (2g, 7a) in his last three games, which leads the AHL during that span.
- O’Reilly became the first player in Wild history to record back-to-back 50-point seasons with his three-point night Friday against Grand Rapids.
- Iowa’s win against the Griffins snapped a five-game losing streak in games that went past regulation.
- Goaltender Andrew Hammond has stopped 30-plus shots in each of his last five outings and has won five of his last six starts.
- The Wild has scored a first-period goal in its last seven contests, the longest such streak of the season.
- Chicago beat the Milwaukee Admirals by a score of 4-1 Friday evening, aided by three third period goals.
- Forward Daniel Carr leads the entire AHL with 71 points (30g, 41a) in 52 games with the Wolves.
- Forward Keegan Kolesar recorded his first career three-point game against Milwaukee on Friday.
- Chicago signed forward Brady Shaw to a PTO on March 7.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.