GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD vs. CHICAGO WOLVESApr 12, 2019
Iowa Wild (35-26-8-5; 83 pts.) vs. Chicago Wolves (43-21-5-4; 95 pts.)
Iowa Wild closes out the regular season with a pair of home games, starting with a matchup against the Chicago Wolves Friday night. Iowa currently sits in fourth place in the Central Division with 83 points, while the Wolves have already clinched the Central Division title with 95 points. Iowa is 3-2-2-0 against the Wolves this season.
The Wild finally snapped an eight-game losing streak with a 7-3 drubbing of the Grand Rapids Griffins Wednesday evening. Forward Luke Kunin recorded a hat trick in a four-point night, while forward Ryan Donato notched five points (2g, 3a) in his Iowa Wild debut. Defenseman Louie Belpedio and forward Cal O’Reilly logged the other tallies, while goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 38 of 41 shots in the win.
- Forward Ryan Donato’s five-point game was the most points in an Iowa debut in team history.
- Forward Luke Kunin’s three goals made him the first player in franchise history to record multiple hat tricks.
- Forward Cal O’Reilly’s goal Wednesday was his 64th of the season, tying the franchise record he set last year for points in a single campaign.
- With the win Wednesday night, Iowa moved to 83 points, the most in a single season in team history.
- Iowa recalled goaltender CJ Motte and forward Dante Salituro from the ECHL’s Allen Americans on April 11.
- Chicago fell to the Colorado Eagles by a score of 3-2 in the shootout on April 7.
- Forward Daniel Carr leads the Wolves with 71 points (30g, 41a) in 52 games.
- Carr was named to the AHL First-Team left winger on Thursday.
- This weekend marks the third consecutive 3-in-3 for the Wolves.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.