GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. CHICAGO WOLVESNov 17, 2019
Iowa Wild (9-3-2-1; 21 pts.) at Chicago Wolves (7-9-1-0; 15 pts.)
The Wild and Wolves are back in action Sunday afternoon in the second game of a home-and-home series between the two teams. The Wild are four points behind the Milwaukee Admirals for first place in the Central Division while the Wolves are two points shy of a playoff spot. Iowa is 19-30-6-3 all-time against the Chicago and 9-16-2-2 versus the Wolves at Wells Fargo Arena.
The Wild recorded a shutout in the team’s second consecutive contest as Iowa defeated Chicago by a score of 3-0 Saturday evening. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen stopped all 22 shots he faced while forward Dmitry Sokolov scored two goals and defenseman Keaton Thompson added one, his first in a Wild sweater. The shutout was the first time in team history the Wild blanked the Wolves in the regular season.
- Iowa’s back to back shutouts were the first since Nov. 14-16, 2018.
- Forward Dmitry Sokolov’s multi-goal game was his first since Dec. 8, 2018 vs. Grand Rapids.
- Forward Kyle Bauman logged a multi-assist game for the first time Jan. 18, 2019 vs. Iowa, when he was a member of the Ontario Reign.
- Iowa ranks 21st in goals per game (2.73) despite ranking first in shots per game (36.00).
- Chicago’s losing streak extended to four games with Saturday’s defeat to the Wild.
- Saturday’s contest marked the third time this season the Wolves failed to score a goal.
- The Wolves have nine losses against divisional opponents this season, the most of any team in the Central.
- Chicago’s 22 goals against in the third period are the most of any team during that stanza.
The Iowa Wild 2019-20 regular season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.