GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. COLORADO EAGLES 10.26.18Oct 26, 2018
Iowa Wild (3-2-0-0; 6 pts.) vs. Colorado Eagles (4-1-1-1; 9 pts.)
Iowa welcomes the newest team to the AHL to Wells Fargo Arena for a two-game series, as the Wild hosts the Colorado Eagles, starting with Friday’s contest. Friday’s meeting will be the first in history between the two clubs. Heading into the game, Iowa sits in fifth in the Central Division, while Colorado sits in third place.
The Wild suffered its second consecutive loss to the Texas Stars, falling 4-1 at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park on Oct. 20. Forward Colton Beck scored the lone goal in the game for Iowa, while goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen made his first start in North America, stopping 25 shots.
- Forward Colton Beck has scored 11 of his 26 career AHL goals in the month of October.
- Since 2013, Iowa is 13-5-2-2 against Colorado’s AHL affiliate.
- Forward Mike Liambas leads the AHL in shooting percentage, scoring three goals on four shots.
- Despite two games with 15-plus penalty minutes, the Wild is the least penalized team in the AHL, registering just 44 PIM in five games.
- Colorado defeated the Ontario Reign 5-3 on Oct. 20, extending the team’s win streak to four games.
- Forward A.J. Greer paces the Eagles with eight points (2g, 6a) in six games.
- Goaltender Pavel Francouz leads all AHL goaltenders who have played more than 100 minutes with a 1.75 goals against average.
- Colorado is 24-for-24 on the penalty kill in its last four games and has only allowed one power-play goal this season, the lowest mark in the league.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.