GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. COLORADO EAGLES 10.27.18Oct 27, 2018
Iowa Wild (4-2-0-0; 8 pts.) vs. Colorado Eagles (4-1-2-1; 10 pts.)
Iowa and Colorado faceoff 24 hours after the Wild won a 6-5 overtime contest, featuring four ties throughout the game. With the Win, Iowa moved to 4-0-0-0 at home on the season, while Colorado is 2-0-1-0 away from Loveland.
The Wild hosted Colorado for the first time in franchise history and skated away with a 6-5 overtime victory. Justin Kloos, Luke Kunin, Gerry Fitzgerald and Gerry Mayhew potted goals against Colorado, with Kunin and Kloos recording multiple goals Friday night. Goaltender Andrew Hammond stopped 50 shots, marking his fourth home win of the season.
- Goaltender Andrew Hammond tied a franchise record with 50 saves in Friday’s win against Colorado (other: Josh Harding at San Antonio, Nov. 30, 2014).
- Friday’s win marks the fastest to four home wins in franchise history (previous: eight games in 2016-17).
- The Wild’s four-game home winning streak is the longest active streak in the AHL.
- Forward Gerry Fitzgerald has scored in every home game this season and his four-game goal streak at home is the longest active streak in the AHL.
- Friday’s overtime loss snapped a four-game winning streak but extended the team’s point streak to five games.
- Colorado’s 23 shots on goal in the first period is tied for the most in the opening frame by any team in the AHL.
- Colorado’s 55 shots on goal against Iowa set a season-high and is the most in the AHL in a single game this season.
- The Eagles had three different players record their first goals of the season against Iowa Friday night: defensemen David Warsofsky and Ryan Graves and forward Cody Bass.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.