GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINSNov 26, 2018
Iowa Wild (12-4-2-1; 27 pts.) vs. Grand Rapids Griffins (9-7-0-2, 20 pts.)
For the first time in the 2018-18 season, Iowa Wild welcomes the Grand Rapids Griffins to Wells Fargo Arena. The Wild, with 27 points, is sitting in second place of the division while the Griffins are in fifth place in the Central with 20 points.
Iowa extended its point streak to a season-high six games when the Wild defeated the Manitoba Moose by a score of 3-2 Saturday afternoon. Goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen, fresh off an emergency recall in Minnesota, stopped 34 of 36 shots to get his fifth win of the season. Forwards Matt Read, Dmitry Sokolov and Colton Beck all potted goals for Iowa in the win.
- Tonight’s contest is the 400th game in Iowa Wild history.
- Forward Mason Shaw is tied for the lead in assists by a rookie in the AHL with 13.
- Forward Justin Kloos has a three-game goal streak at home, tied for the longest active streak in the AHL.
- Iowa’s .750 points percentage at home ranks tied for third best in the league.
- Grand Rapids defeated the Chicago Wolves 4-3 on Saturday, Nov. 24.
- Forward Chris Terry has 17 points (12g, 5a) in 18 games with the Griffins, which leads the team.
- Terry currently is riding the league’s longest road goal streak with a tally in five consecutive games.
- Rookie forward Filip Zadina has three multi-goal games, which leads the Griffins.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.