GAME PREVIEW - IOWA WILD VS. GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINS 11.2.18Nov 2, 2018
Iowa Wild (5-2-0-0; 10 pts.) at Grand Rapids Griffins (3-5-0-0; 6 pts.)
Iowa Wild begins its first three-in-three stretch of the season with a Friday night tilt against the Grand Rapids Griffins. The meeting will be the first of six between the two clubs and the 41st game all-time.
The Wild defeated the Colorado Eagles by a score of 6-1 at Wells Fargo Arena on Oct. 27. Forward Jordan Greenway scored his first AHL goal en route to the fourth hat trick in Iowa Wild history. Forwards Luke Kunin and Cal O’Reilly also notched three-point nights in the game, while goaltender Andrew Hammond earned his fifth win of the season.
- The Wild’s five wins in October was the most in team history.
- Forward Mason Shaw’s six assists are tied for fourth among all rookies in the AHL.
- Iowa’s power play ranks first in the AHL, converting 38.5 percent of its opportunities.
- Iowa has allowed just five second period goals all season, the second-lowest mark in the AHL.
- Minnesota reassigned Matt Read to Iowa on Oct. 31.
- Grand Rapids defeated the Belleville Sens 3-1 on Oct. 27, recording the team’s first road victory of the season.
- Goaltender Patrik Rybar clinched his first AHL win with the Griffins’ victory on Oct. 27.
- Forward Matt Puempel paces the Griffins with six points (4g, 2a) in eight games.
- Detroit recalled Wade Megan from Grand Rapids and assigned Joe Hicketts to the Griffins on Oct. 31.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.