GAME PREVIEW – IOWA WILD VS. GRAND RAPIDS GRIFFINS 3.23.18Mar 23, 2018
Iowa Wild (30-20-9-5; 74 pts.) vs. Grand Rapids Griffins (34-24-1-6; 75 pts.)
Iowa Wild starts off another three-in-three set with a home game against Grand Rapids Griffins. Iowa sits in third place in the Central Division, just .001 percentage points ahead of Grand Rapids. Both teams also feature two players within the top 10 for scoring in AHL; Cal O’Reilly and Sam Anas for Iowa and Matt Puempel and Ben Street for Grand Rapids.
The Wild fell to Rockford IceHogs 5-2 Sunday evening at Wells Fargo Arena. Wild forward Mitch McLain scored his first professional goal to get the Wild on the board, while Kyle Rau added his 17th tally of the season.
- Wild forward Sam Anas has eight points (3g, 5a) in eight games against Grand Rapids this season.
- Wild forward Cal O’Reilly currently has a six-game point streak, amassing eight points (2g, 6a) during that stretch.
- Iowa boasts the third-best home penalty kill in the league, killing 87.7 percent of all penalties.
- The Wild has outshot its opponents in four straight games and six out of its last seven.
- Iowa has earned points in seven of the team’s previous eight meetings against Grand Rapids (4-1-0-3).
- Grand Rapids defeated Milwaukee 2-1 Tuesday at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
- Griffins forward Matt Lorito has a three-game goal streak, recording four points (3g, 1a) during that stretch.
- Since joining Grand Rapids, forward Matt Puempel has played at a point-per-game pace, recording 49 points (20g, 29a) in 46 games.
- Goaltender Tom McCollum has started six-consecutive games, the most by a Griffins goaltender this season. He’s 3-3-0-0 with a 2.00 goals against average and a .929 save percentage.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs. Grand Rapids 3/24 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Milwaukee 3/26 5:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at Chicago 3/28 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Tucson 3/30 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Tucson 3/31 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.